13 June 2008

Healesville Sanctuary By Julian

On Thurday we went to Healesville Sanctuary. I went on a bus with 3/4K and I sat at the back with Jyedin, Jason and Raymond. Inside the sanctuary there was a huge eagle made of metal perched on a log. As we moved deeper into the sanctuary we spotted an emu running around its enclosure. Then we saw a koala sleeping in its tree. A white bird with a long beak swooped down and I chased it. A few minutes later it came back and attacked me. It pecked me hard on the head and then flew away. Then we had a lesson about where some Australian animals live, what type of animal they are and what they eat. We got to feel a snake, frog and ring-tailed possum. Then we felt a tawny frog-mouth and Conor actually fed it a dead mouse. Then we went to the Birds and Prey show and the bark owl actually scraped my head. Then we had lunch and took a walk around the park and went home on the bus. We had a fun day! (my head still hurts)

No comments: